Areas of Specialization
- Individual, Family and Couples Therapy
- Anxiety and Depression
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Children and Adolescents
- Women's Issues
- Substance Abuse
Elizabeth A. Kelley, MSS, LCSW
"Who is wise? One who learns from everyone." - Ethics of the Fathers.
I have practiced psychotherapy for 20 years and love what I do. My approach when working with individuals, families and couples is collaborative, dynamic, creative and often humorous. I utilize a variety of therapeutic techniques, including cognitive behavioral therapy, psycho dynamic treatment and family systems therapy, depending on the needs and wishes of each patient or patients whom I treat. I feel honored and privileged to not only have the people I treat share their struggles, achievements, hopes and dreams, but to facilitate and witness their process as they make positive changes in their lives.
Elizabeth Kelley has been with Centra since 2000, working with families, couples and individuals in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. A graduate of Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research, she holds a Masters degree in both Clinical Social Work and Law and Social Policy. She trained in structural family therapy at the Philadelphia Child Guidance Center and has been in private practice since 1994.
- Worked as an outpatient clinician at the Philadelphia Child Guidance Center (1992-1995).
- At the Philadelphia Child Guidance Center, as a senior crisis clinician, she triaged and treated psychiatric emergencies both in house and at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s emergency room. She also coordinated the Intake Program, supervising a staff of four (1995-1998).
- Since leaving Child Guidance in 1998, she has continued to treat couples, families and individuals. Additionally, she has worked as a consultant and presenter for several agencies and schools, including Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Warren E. Smith Community Mental Health Center and the Public Schools system in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Member of National Association of Social Workers www.naswdc.org