Areas of Specialization
- Adult, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist.
Casey Berson, MD
“What we achieve inwardly will change [our] outer reality.” - Plutarch
Casey Berson, MD, is Board Certified Adult Psychiatrist, Board Certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and is Board Eligible in Pediatrics. She also has psychotherapy training in both Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and ENCOMPASS CBT+.
Dr. Berson earned her BS from Cornell University, College of Engineering with a major in Biological and Environmental Engineering. While an undergraduate at Cornell, she worked as a research assistant in the Behavioral Analysis of Beginning Years lab under Michael Goldstein, Ph.D, Dept of Psychiatry.
She earned her MD from St. George University, Grenada, WI.
Dr. Berson completed a Triple Board residency at the University of Kentucky where she served as Chief Resident of the Triple Board program in her final year. She was awarded the H. Otto Kaak Outstanding Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Resident Award in 2016.
Notes and Highlights
- Research Presentation. University of Kentucky, Psychiatry Department: Vanderbilt Scores and their Effect on MAP scores. June 2016
- Grand Rounds. University of Kentucky, Pediatrics Department: 17 year-old Positive for…Everything. February 2015
- Evidence Based Medicine presentation. University of Kentucky, Pediatrics Residency: Bullying Interventions. November 2014.
- Peer Review presentation. University of Kentucky, Psychiatry Department: Anorexia Nervosa. January 2014.
- 2005 National Institute of Biological Engineering Bio-ethics essay winner. It’s Your Choice. Published in IBE Newsletter, Summer 2006 Vol 10.2
- Medical Brigade to Santo Domingo, Ecuador August 2014
- Orphan Student Organization; Grenada, WI 2007-2009. Served as Vice President 2008-2009.
- Current member of AACAP, AAP and the Psychotherapy Scientific Section of the World Psychiatric Association.